Can you imagine a world without
Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, heck no websites full stop.
Many of us don’t know a world before the World Wide Web and probably wouldn’t be able to function or find our way around without Google at our beck and call.
On April 30th 1993 we, the public entered the Information Age thanks to the frustration of Sir Tim Berners-Lee (the inventor of the World Wide Web, www).
This was the first website on the world wide web (not much to look at really, I hear you say)
Well that “nothing to look at” is what has lead to the massive change in the world.
- Google (yeah we “Google it“, when ever we need to find something),
- YouTube (cute cats and laughing babies),
- Skype (chat with your loved ones abroad or online business meetings),
- Facebook (need I say more other than Candy Crush, Ice Bucket Challenge, sharing with friends)
- Twitter (access to celebs – Taylor Swift kills it on this, brands and people around the world),
- PayPal (send and receive money by simply having an email address),
- Airbnb (get access and stay in other peoples amazing homes, beach huts, tree houses etc),
- Uber (make spare cash as a driver or use a traceable, reasonable and transparently priced taxi service)
- and so much more.
The web has created so many opportunities for everyone, young to old, for both work and pleasure and guess what? its only 23 years old!!
If you’re still not embracing the power of the web with a website for your business you’re risking ending up like the dinosaurs, “outdated and extinct!”
We can’t wait to see what comes next as the Web is still evolving and opportunities continue to present themselves.
Sir Tim Berners-Lee we salute you.
Thanks for getting frustrated and releasing it to the world for free!!